XP-55 Ascender is one of the aircraft that appears in Strikers 1945 video games. It first appeared as one of the enemy planes in the level where the XFB-1 is encountered then later became playable in Strikers 1945 Plus as a hidden aircraft.
The Curtiss XP-55 Ascender is an American experimental fighter plane. This plane never got past the experimental phase; planes already in service outperformed the Ascender. Consequently, the Ascender never saw service. The name "Ascender" was meant as a joke by one of the Curtiss engineers. Only three were built, but one survived which is currently displayed at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Michigan while the remaining two are crashed.
- Sub weapon: Heat Missile
- Super shot: Search Boomerang
- Bomb: B-36 Backup Bombing
- Max power: 1275 HP
- Wingspan: 1240 cm
- Length: 900 cm
- Height: 300 cm
- Weight: 2882 kg
- Top speed: 628 km/h
- To select the P-55 Ascender do the following on the plane select screen: highlight the Random Select question mark and perform this joystick sequence: UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-UP-UP-UP-DOWN.
- The XP-55 Ascender does not appear in the game's poster or demo.
- The Ascender's color scheme in the game is brown which is based on the one that was crashed.
- However, the crash was happened on November 15, 1943, 56 years before Strikers 1945 Plus was released.