Strikers 1945 Plus is a shoot 'em up for the Neo Geo MVS arcade System created by Psikyo. A small number of unauthorized home conversions were made by the company !Arcade!. This game is a remix of Strikers 1945 Part 1 and 2 on a horizontal screen.
After inserting quarters and hitting the Start button, the player chooses one of 6 planes (plus 1 hidden plane) or can opt for a random choice.
The available fighters are:
- P-38 Lightning
- Vought XF5U "Flying Pancake"
- Spitfire Mk. VI
- Zero Type 52
- Focke-Wulf Ta 152
- Fiat G.56
- XP-55 Ascender (Hidden)
The first four stages are in random order, while the last four are sequential. Players collect weapon powerups, bombs, and gold bars for points. Each plane has a unique "supershot" which is charged by damaging enemies and fired by holding then releasing the fire button. Supershots can be stored, although the number varies from plane to plane. Using a Bomb results in a large friendly fighter swooping onto the screen and blocking shots while returning fire for a few seconds.
After the player beats the final boss, the game starts again from the beginning, albeit at a much higher difficulty level. All level are similar to the ones in Strikers 1945 II. Only one of the four bosses that are randomly chosen and the 6th boss is changed.
Gamewave magazine on December 25, 2008 has confirmed that Strikers 1945 Plus will get a PlayStation Portable release for February 2009. PM Studios, the publishers of DJ Max Fever, published the game as a downloadable game on July 30, 2009 in the US.
- The Fiat G.56 and the XP-55 Ascender are exclusive playable aircraft in this game.
- The Fiat G.56 was the first WWII Italian fighter aircraft in Strikers series.
- The Ascender was the first enemy aircraft from the previous games that became playable in Strikers series.
- The Supermarine Spitfire and the A6M Zero are the only playable aircraft from the first game that made its return in this game which replaces the Mosquito and the Hayate.
- X-Nauts Official Site (In Japanese)