The P-51 Mustang is an aircraft that appeared in most Strikers video games. It first appeared as a playable aircraft in Strikers 1945 then as a support aircraft for the P-38 Lightning in Strikers 1945 II.
The North American P-51 Mustang has both American and British origins. It was designed by Americans to a British specification, and only reaching its full potential when fitted with a British engine. It was a huge presence in the battle against the Axis powers during WWII.
Its success would later lead to the development of the F-82 Twin Mustang.
- Sub weapon: Consecutive Rocket Missile
- Formation attack: Shield Formation
- Bomb: B-29 Backup Bombing
- Max power: 1130 HP
- Wingspan: 1585 cm
- Length: 983 cm
- Height: 408 cm
- Weight: 2743 kg
- Top speed: 565 km/h (listed as 703 km/h in the console versions of Strikers 1945)
- Armament: 12.7 mm x 6
- The Mustang is the first aircraft in the Strikers 1945 series that was demoted from playable to support.
- In the Android version, this aircraft starts with its main shot at level 2 and 3 bombs, but will be locked for 2 hours starting with the moment it was selected, along with the Spitfire Mk. VII, Messerschmitt Bf-109, Zero Fighter, and J7W Shinden.